At Ladycross, our children come from many different backgrounds and families. In school, we display posters and images celebrating difference and diversity. We do not assume all children come from the same family background. We use a variety of resources including picture books and story sacks to explore the themes of difference.
Some picture books include:
– Who are you, Stripy Horse? by Karen Wall & Jim Helmore
– Princess Smartypants by Babette Cole
– Mister Seahorse by Eric Carle
– Tyrannosaurus Drip by Julia Donaldson
– The other Ark by Lynley Dodd
– Cock-a-moo-moo by Alison Bartlett
– Jack and Jim by Kitty Crowther
If you would like to borrow any of the books from the book list, please get in touch.
Or you can read this story: