What is Pupil Premium Funding?
Pupil Premium funding is additional funding given to schools so that we can support our disadvantaged pupils and close the attainment gap between these children and their peers. Funding is based on children who have registered for a free school meal at any point in the last 6 years (called the Ever6 count), children that have been in care for more than six months and children whose parents are currently serving in the armed forces.
How is the Pupil Premium Funding spent at Ladycross?
Ladycross Infant and Nursery School ensures that the Pupil Premium funding we receive is used to meet the needs of both the social/emotional and academic needs of these children. The documents below outline our strategy for allocating the funding. Please feel free to download a copy.
Ladycross Pupil Premium Statement
Pupil Premium Spend Review and Evaluation for Previous Academic Years:
Pupil Premium Policy:
Could your child be eligible for a Pupil Premium grant?
Children qualify for free school meals – and accordingly pupil premium – if you receive any of the following benefits:
- Universal credit (provided you have a net income of £7400 or less)
- Income support
- Income-based jobseekers’ allowance
- Income-related employment and support allowance
- Support under Part IV of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of state pension credit
- Child tax credit, provided that you are not also entitled to working tax credit and have an annual gross income of £16,190 or less
Children also qualify if:
- Children are in care
- Children previously in care who have been adopted, or who have a special guardianship order, a child arrangements order or a residence order
- Children recorded as being from service families
If your child qualifies for free school meals, it’s important that you tell us.
We are aware that the Covid 19 pandemic has seen some personal circumstances change dramatically. Many have lost income and some families may now be eligible for Free School Meals, but are unsure if they are entitled or how to apply.
If you would like to check whether you are now entitled to Free School Meals, the preferred method of checking is by emailing email@example.com
Families can also apply online at https://www.derbyshire.gov.uk/education/schools/your-child-at-school/meals/school-meals/free-school-meals.aspx
If you child qualifies for free school meals, download an application form and bring it into school. It could make a real difference to their progress.
Victoria Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire NG10 5JD