Our school values all pupils, staff and governors and encourages their contribution across the range of their talents and abilities, to promote the highest possible standards of achievement.
Discrimination, harassment and victimisation will not be part of our school. We will promote equality of access and opportunity, positive attitudes and good relationships between people with different backgrounds, genders, cultures, faiths, abilities and ethnic origins.
Equality runs through everything that happens at our school. As part of this, governors will ensure that all our discussions, initiatives, policies and decisions promote equality of opportunity and oppose all forms of discrimination, including the nine protected characteristics of:
- Gender reassignment
- Marriage and civil partnership (but only in respect of eliminating unlawful discrimination)
- Pregnancy and maternity
- Religion or belief
- Sexual orientation
Our Equality Objectives
- To ensure curriculum provision meets all the needs of every pupil. Including those with SEN.
- To protect and safeguard against prejudice.
- To increase awareness of equality through different teaching experiences – assemblies, visitors and class activities.
- To maintain a clear understanding of all current legislation for staff, volunteers and governors.
Victoria Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire NG10 5JD